With the Acumen Clinic Reconditioning Program, we strive to close the gaps between early diagnosis and integrating proper exercise to improve patient outcomes. Personal Training is important and usually relevant to many clinical populations. We believe musculoskeletal reconditioning is an integral part of the Acumen Clinic experience. Many patients must navigate back to a demanding job (farming, construction, landscaping) while some need to get back to a competitive sport they love. Others would like to return to their healthy, active lifestyle (traveling, biking, kayaking, skiing, hiking, etc) or simply want to find a way to live a pain-free life. We are here to help find that path.
Sport-specific team training will allow athletes to perform better in their chosen sport. Every athlete is looking to become elite in their position and move to the next level. This means improving speed, endurance, strength, power, flexibility, reducing injury risk and learning how to train safely with proper execution. As coaches we can achieve this through proper movement screening, programming, and fitness testing. The proper use of testing data and retesting will allow the athletes and coaches to see the improvements. One of the overlooked benefits of team training is the team building component. Teams of any sport spend the better part of a season or year together, life long friendships are made through sport.
The early morning practices, workouts and the weekends spent away traveling for games and tournaments. Dryland team training serves as a perfect time for new teams to get together and become a cohesive group, building confidence within the athletes self and one another, working together all season to master the art of their position which will in turn yield great results on the ice, field and court.
Sports Therapy and Personal Training
- Improve your ability to move and lift properly
- Create fun and healthy lifelong habits
- We want clients and patients to learn the tools to successfully train and become the best version of themselves.
Full Disclosure / What to Expect
- Clear guidelines and expectations
- Full 1-on-1, 1 hour full attention sessions – face to face and/or online
- We treat the full-body, not just the problematic area
- Constant communication with the patient – available for questions and modifications when needed
- Communication available with the surgeon if needed throughout the process
Certifications and Memberships
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Life Coaching Level 1 (Champion Performance Systems Inc.)
- Respect In Sport
- CPR/AED Level C
I am a strong believer in practicing what you preach. I want to implore you to do the same. From my years of hockey and being the client to now being the coach, I get it. We are all chasing the ability to be more agile, stronger, faster, more flexible, injury free, pain free and consistent. I will help you create the routine that helps you achieve all of your goals and the steps to get there. I am excited to be there with you every step of the way, guiding you, sharing in your success and more importantly providing you with the tools to transform your mind, your body and your attitude. What do you say? Are you ready to Transform Yourself?